Thinking of avoiding the crowd and staying in with your spouse this weekend? Try whipping up something new in the kitchen together as a fun couple activity!
This decadent Oatmeal Stout Beeramisu recipe by renowned brewery and restaurant, Brewerkz, is not only easy to follow but is sure to sweeten your stay-in date night too!
Oatmeal Stout Beeramisu
Coffee Syrup Sponge Fingers
Sponge fingers – 1 pack
Nescafe (Gold) coffee powder – 19.5g
Sugar – 49.5g
Water – 37.5g
Oatmeal Stout Beer – 250g
- Combine sugar, coffee powder and water into a pot
- Over medium heat, stir the mixture until sugar is completely dissolved
- Set aside the coffee mixture to cool down to room temperature
- Once coffee mixture has cooled to room temperature, mix in beer to create the coffee syrup
- Place the coffee syrup aside
- Soak sponge fingers in coffee syrup only when the beeramisu is ready to be assembled
Egg Yolks – 6 yolks
Sugar – 120g
Mascarpone Cheese – 500g
Bailey’s (Irish liqueur) – 60g
Kahlua (coffee liqueur) – 60g
Whipping cream – 500g
- Whisk egg yolk and sugar at high speed until mixture thickens and turns creamy pale yellow
- Add the mascarpone cheese to the mixture in batches, each time mixing on medium speed until smooth and evenly mixed.
- Gently combine Bailey’s and Kahlua into the mascarpone mixture
- In a separate bowl, whip the whipping cream till soft peaks are achieved
- Add half of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture and gently fold until fully incorporated
- Repeat with the remaining half. Be careful not to over mix.
- Add some mascarpone cream at the base of the container to stabilise the sponge fingers
- Lightly soak the sponge fingers in the coffee syrup
- Place a layer of the soaked sponge fingers in the container
- Continue placing the cream and soaked sponge fingers in alternate layers
- Make sure to end the last/top layer with cream
- Refrigerate overnight
- Serve with a dusting of cocoa powder on top and mixed fruits on the side
Brewerkz is Singapore's longest-running craft brewery experience. It all began in 1997, where the company started as a brewpub. After years of expansion and growing the brand, Brewerkz now operates restaurants, a brewery, brew our own craft beer and cater at large-scale outdoor events.
Brewerkz is part of the Easy and Light Group which owns Crystal Wines, distributes Fiji Water and operates a portfolio of Mexican and Japanese restaurants.