Think you know enough about eating disorders and their signs? Then try out the crossword puzzle below!
1. Some examples of purging include self-induced ________, taking laxatives and over-exercising.
2. _________ nervosa is a well-known eating disorder involving restriction of food intake.
3. Many people with eating disorders begin experiencing them in their __________.
4. __________ nervosa is an eating disorder involving both binge-eating and purging.
5. Binge-eating involves episodes of __________ and excessive eating.
6. _________ refers to compensatory behaviours that people with eating disorders engage in to prevent weight gain.
7. People with eating disorders have unhealthy perceptions of their body shape and _________.
Do You M.I.N.D. is a mental wellness programme by TOUCH Youth Intervention which promotes mental wellness in youths across schools in Singapore. Through educational talks, adventure-based activities and experiential station games, youths are educated on common mental health issues such as depression, anxiety or obsessive compulsive behaviour, self-harm, and eating disorders, taught how to cope with the conditions, and how they can be a pillar of support for friends and family members with mental health issues. Youths seeking help related to mental health issues may call the TOUCHline at 1800 377 2252 to speak with a counsellor.