Cooking is a great way for families to bond and also provides a fun way for the little ones to get involved with daily household tasks!
This simple but delicious recipe by renowned brewery and restaurant, Brewerkz
, is bound to get some laughter going on in the kitchen and sighs of satisfaction at the dinner table. This recipe serves 2 but if you're cooking for more, simply multiply the amount of each ingredient accordingly to keep your family well fed!
Truffled Mushroom Pasta
- Delcecco capellini - 160g
- White truffle oil - 20g
- Mushroom truffle paste - 28g
- Shio kombu - 8g
- Sherry vinegar - 3g
- Ponzu - 4g
- Shimeiji mushroom - 30g
- White button mushroom - 30g
- Beancurd fritters - 14g
- Avruga caviar - 5g
- Tobiko (flying fish roe) - 5g
- Chives - 1 pinch
- Bring a pot of water to a boil
- Add 1tbsp salt and 1tbsp olive oil to the boiling water
- Prepare the ice bath (a large bowl of water with ice)
- Blanch the pasta for 1 min 30 secs
- Drain immediately
- Place the cooked pasta into the ice bath until pasta is cold. Drain the pasta.
- Toss chilled pasta with truffle oil to prevent it from sticking
- Place a mixing bowl in an ice bath to make it cold
- To make the sauce, add truffle oil, mushroom truffle paste, shio kombu, sherry vinegar and ponzu to the mixture.
- Add pasta to the sauce and toss well
- Heat up a pan, sweat onions with better, saute the forest mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Use the pasta fork to twist the pasta, 80g per roll, and start plating.
- Dress chives over the pasta
- Garnish evenly with sauteed forest mushrooms
- Top the pasta with caviar and tobiko for texture
- Finish off with beancurd fritters for added texture
Brewerkz is Singapore's longest-running craft brewery experience. It all began in 1997, where the company started as a brewpub. After years of expansion and growing the brand, Brewerkz now operates restaurants, a brewery, brew our own craft beer and cater at large-scale outdoor events.
Brewerkz is part of the Easy and Light Group which owns Crystal Wines, distributes Fiji Water and operates a portfolio of Mexican and Japanese restaurants.